*DID YOU KNOW….*
1. The unemployment rate for Branson in August was 8.2% vs. 5.4% in August of 2008.
2. If you make $8.00 per hour and work 40 hours a week your gross monthly income is $1280. Less 20% for withholding taxes you are left with $1109 a month for Rent, Utilities, Food, Transportation, Insurance, Child Care, Medical, Savings, etc.
3. The number of Christians has declined 12% since 1990 and is now 76%, the lowest percentage in American history.
4. Americans are interested in God but they don’t think existing institutions are helping them draw closer to God.
5. Young people are fleeing the faith. Nearly a quarter of Americans in their 20’s profess no organized religion.
The rise of disaffection is so powerful that different denominations need to band together to find a shared language of God that can move beyond the fading divisions of the past and begin moving toward a partnership of different but equal traditions.
Come and be part of Jesus Was Homeless this Sunday for our “Love Your Neighbors” BBQ and every Thursday morning from 9:00-11:00 and every Thursday night from 5:30-9:00 by serving those in need in our community, by creating fellowship with those serving, and by sharing the Gospel through your actions. People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. Jesus Was Homeless is YOUR organization. It’s not mine or Amy’s or any corporate entity, it’s OURS as a community. When you serve, when you give, when you support Jesus Was Homeless you become a part of the organization.
“True generosity is measured not by how much we give away but by how much we have left, especially when we look at the needs of our neighbors. We have no right not to be charitable”. – Shane Claiborne